Happy New Year! (2 weeks too late)
I guess we forgot to mention that Bathetic Records+ William Cody Watson + Alex Zhang Hungtai have put together a concept compilation featuring the crew (our underground friends/family/extended family).
Interesting factoid: The cover art was shot by Alex on Mulholand Drive in California.
Tracklist: 1. Dirty Beaches - Expressway I
2. Grand Trine - Here Comes The Night
3. Cough Cool - Treal Impala
4. Hot & Cold - Distant Lights
5. Lee Noble - Retreat, Abandon
6. Femminelli - Hotel Suite
7. Xander Harris - When The Dark Was Fed
8. Lantern - Where Are We Now?
9. Ela Orleans - Night Wars
10. Wet Hair - On Edge
11. Tonstartssbandht - Dad Beating Up Dudes (Orlando 1992)
12. Hobo Cubes - Meditation After Murder (Midnite Drive To The Ocean)
13. William Cody Watson - Hand On My Knee
14. Speculator - Picking Flowers
1. Dirty Beaches - Expressway I
The Toronto show with Lantern was wild! It was so much fun. Unfortunately, our van was ticketed/towed, and then the breaks died stranding us in Ajax, ON for a few hours. This left a lot of time for the following photo essay:
Lots of stuff to announce soon including 2 gigs with:
|||||||| WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 2ND |||||||||
LANTERN (Philadelphia - Night People - ex-Omon Ra)
@ Casa Del Popolo
This was my first time writing for Weird Canada. I feel like it’s easily the most important website in terms of the current Canadian underground music scene. It’s simple. It’s got great content. It’s all positive. It’s extremely comprehensive, up-to-date, inclusive and user friendly. I’m very happy to be part of something I can really fully get behind. We need to celebrate the things we like instead of just always sloggin’ what we hate.